103 traders took part in the “FX Market Masters October” round. It was tough to gain the victory – only 10 contestants managed to increase the start-up deposit by at least 10 percent.
We asked the winner – Russian trader Sergey Shishkin – to share his view on the Forex market and give a piece of advice to Forex newbies.
1. First, tell us a few words about yourself.
My name is Sergey. I was born and grew up in the Soviet Union. I’ve traveled across the country, from Kamchatka to the Baltics.
2. How long have you been trading Forex? Please, share your success story.
I’ve been experimenting with Forex for quite some time and had my share of ups and downs.
3. What is Forex trading for you? A full-time occupation, a source of additional income, or just an exciting hobby? Do you trade in a real account? Are you successful in it?
For me trading in the Forex market is a kind of game. My live account is not profitable yet.
4. How did you learn about ForexCup contests? What pros and cons of ForexCup competitions can you mention?
Frankly, I can't remember how I stumbled upon ForexCup. I’ve been sorting out the previously saved links, found a link to ForexCup among them, and that’s how it all has started for me.
There is a drawback I can mention. I wish there were more contestants in the fee-based contests. Alternatively, ForexCup can allow the members to register for the competition twice and pay double fee to get a higher percentage of profits.
5. How many contests have you joined? Have you ever won? Have you seen any improvement in your trading skills since you discovered ForexCup?
I’ve participated in many contests. I managed to win 8 ForexCup contests.
6. How did you decide to join FX Market Masters? Did you dream about getting FXOpen PAMM Account or did you want to challenge yourself?
How could I reject the game? I wasn’t particularly interested in winning a PAMM Account since one has to read a lot to manage it properly and succeed.
7. Do you have a particular strategy? What trading instruments do you usually use?
Many traders tend to buy/sell at the beginning of the competition and close the trades at the end of it.
8. Did you feel that you would be the winner at the end of the contest?
I had a feeling that the other participants were handing me the victory over.
9. Could you please give some advice to Forex newbies?
My master used to tell me that if you have 9 analysts saying to buy and 1 analyst saying to sell, you’d better sell.
We thank Sergey for his interesting insight into Forex trading and valuable advice for newbies.
Also we’d like to remind you that FX Market Masters November is well underway. The participants now have an opportunity to recover their losses and get a bonus as well as one of the main prizes. Register now – another PAMM Account needs its Master!