Following the recently held Asian Forex Championship, the ForexCup team would like to congratulate Shu Wen Huang from China on taking the 2nd place in such a great tournament. The skillful trader managed to make 700% profits during the competition and took the lead.
We contacted the winner and talked about his impressions of participation in the Championship. See a brief interview below.
1. First of all, tell us a few words about yourself.
My name is Shu Wen Huang. I am from Luo Xian, Fushan. I work in the finance industry.
2. How long have you been trading Forex? How did you learn about the market? Do you have a personal "success story"?
To be honest, I do not remember exactly the way I started my trading career, I mean my first trade or currency pair. But what I can say for sure is that I've walked through a long way. And it is thanks to my friend that I actually turned to Forex. He introduced me to the world of trading and I do not regret it at all.
3. What is Forex trading for you?
Forex is more of a hobby for me now. I cannot trade full-time, so at the moment it is far from being the main source of income.
4. Do you trade in a real account? Are you successful in it?
Yes, I have a real account and I make some profit there from time to time. But it's more occasional for now.
5. How did you learn about Forex contests held by ForexCup?
As I enjoy participating in various Forex contests, I tried to find information about any new competitions. Thus, I came across the announcements of ForexCup tournaments and decided to get in.
6. What pros and cons of ForexCup competitions can you mention?
I see the only disadvantage - the ForexCup site is slow. I do not have any complaints with regard to the competitions and the way they are arranged.
7. Let's talk about the Asian Forex Championship. How did you decide to join it? What did you feel at the end of the contest?
Frankly speaking, I just wanted to try - nothing else. So when I found out that I became a second-prize winner, I was very proud of myself. It was really unexpected.
8. Did you have a particular strategy or did you make your trading decisions on the spot? How can you describe you trading decisions?
I tried to feel the market - that's it. I had neither strategy nor plans regarding my trading activity during the competition. It was a pure luck. Besides, a friend of mine offered his assistance in this question, so a consulted him from time to time and asked for guidance.
9. What was your favorite trading instrument in the Championship? And what tools do you generally prefer?
I prefer non-USD currency pairs. I used them in my trades throughout the Championship, too.
10. Did you follow the results of your competitors? Were you scared of someone's results? Or did you feel confident and relaxed?
Yes, I did. I was tracking them from the very beginning.
11. You've got a PAMM ECN account and a sizable deposit in it as a reward - are you excited to start your PAMM manager career or would you prefer a money prize only?
I am looking forward managing my own PAMM account. Hope, it will bring good profits. Anyway, it will be a great experience for me.
12. Will you take part in the other ForexCup contests? What can you say about the project following your win in the Championship?
No doubt, I will go on with the ForexCup contests. My performance in the Championship is a proof that I can make it. I believe I can achieve better results.
13. Could you please give some advice to newbies in Forex?
You can become more confident with experience. So, make trades! Practice! Learn from your own mistakes! No one will teach you better that your own mistakes.
ForexCup team congratulates the 2nd-prize winner and wishes him every success in his future trading career.
Follow the news line for the upcoming competitions at ForexCup.com.