ForexCup team has prepared another interesting piece of material devoted to the Asian Forex Championship. Today we offer an interview with the 3rd prize winner, Nurjahan Begum. In her 17th ForexCup contest the trader managed to make more than 600% profits and hit the TOP 3.
ForexCup team posed a few questions to the prize-winner and prepared a short interview for all of the ForexCup fans.
1. First of all, tell us a few words about yourself.
Hi! My name is Nurjahan, I am from Bangladesh. I am married and spend most of my time with the family.
2. How long have you been trading Forex? How did you learn about the market? Do you have a personal "success story"?
Actually, my way to Forex trading is rather short. One day a friend of mine told me a few words about the FX market and shared a few trading tips with me. I found it interesting and finally I decided to learn more. I read a number of manuals about trading and watched lots of educational videos.
I cannot devote all my time to trading and that's why I am not so skillful and successful yet. But anyway, I managed to get a prize in such a big Championship and this is a great achievement for me.
3. What is Forex trading for you?
Trading is a real passion for me.
4. Do you trade in a real account? Are you successful in it?
I’ve just opened a real account so I can’t evaluate the degree of success. All in all, I am trying to do my best.
5. How did you learn about Forex contests held by ForexCup?
I first learnt about FXOpen and only then about ForexCup as the company's project of Forex contests.
6. How many contests have you already taken part in? Have you ever won?
I have already participated in 18 competitions at ForexCup. And the Championship has become my 2nd victory. I was awarded in the "Profitable Week" contest some time ago.
7. What pros and cons of ForexCup competitions can you mention?
As for me, ForexCup is a good platform to start a trading career. And you can also develop your skills and gain more self-confidence.
8. Let's talk about the Asian Forex Championship. How did you decide to join it? Did you dream about the prizes or did you want to gain some experience and get a cash bonus?
I didn't think about the contest prizes and bonuses at all. One day I just opened the web-site and saw the announcement. So, I decided to join and take up the challenge. What is more it seemed to be a great opportunity to compete with traders from all the Asian countries.
9. Did you have a particular strategy or did you make your trading decisions on the spot? Which trading instruments did you use?
In contest trading I used the "Price Action" strategy and avoided keeping to the same trend for a long time. I set different targets and tried to reach them.
My favorite trading instruments were GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY, GBP/USD, GBP/NZD, EUR/NZD, USD/JPY, NZD/USD and NZD/JPY. I actively used all of them in the Championship.
10. What did you feel at the end of the contest? Did you enjoy being one of the competition leaders?
At the end of the contest I was really impressed with the results and also a little bit confused, because all of the participants had performed really well so I was happy to be among the leaders.
11. Will you take part in the other ForexCup contests? What can you say about the project following your win in the Championship?
No doubt, I will participate in the ForexCup contests again and again. I hope I will have enough time both to manage my new PAMM account and to go on with the Forex competitions.
12. Could you please give some advice to newbies in Forex?
I believe that everyday practice and hard work are the keys to success. So use your brain, believe your heart and create your own style of trading. Remember that success is really close to you and all your efforts will be rewarded.
ForexCup team would like to thank the winner again and wish every success in the future trading.
Follow the news line for the upcoming competitions at ForexCup.com.